Saturday, June 19, 2010

lazy days and wild nights

Like such a thing exists on a farm. Today was pretty low key though, which was nice. After last night's wild party, I needed a break. Ok, it wasn't really a wild party, but it was fun. We went to an opening for one of Gretchen's friends. Her exhibit about racism and prejudice opened last night. I thought it was powerful, and tactfully put together, which is important to me. Afterward, we went out for dinner. We stopped at a sandwich and pizza place called "Lost Dog" and I really enjoyed my sandwich. But we didn't get to dinner until nine, and then we had to drive back to get the truck and then go home. We didn't get home until eleven. I was so tired, I went straight to bed. And for me, the night owl, who, during the semester, stays up all hours of the night, this is very strange behavior. I've been getting up early and going to bed at a reasonable hour, not because I know I have to, but because I'm honestly tired. It's going to be so strange settling back into my "normal" schedule again. But I still have time before that can happen. Tomorrow I have to get up particularly early. We are going to market tomorrow, and we're leaving somewhere around 6:30! And we still have to do chores in the morning! Guess who's going to be asleep in the car! But it'll be fun. I like market days. It may be hot, and the hours may be long, but I don't mind being in a retail situation. Dare I go so far as to even say I like it? I do! I do! I also like seeing what other people bring to market. But enough rambling*. I'm going to go knit something.

*Ok, I have to break off for just a tiny tangent here. I need to tell you how great Joan's cooking is. Today, for lunch, she made raspberry pancakes. Have you ever had raspberry pancakes? If not, you should try them. The raspberries melt just a little and are so good! And she showed me how to make the easiest berry cobbler on the face of the earth. Its perfect with ice cream on top. And everything she makes tastes wonderful! I won't torture you with details, but I won't lie to you either. I need to learn to cook like her. :) Ok, I'm done now.

No comments:

Post a Comment