Wednesday, June 9, 2010

off day?

I guess you could call today my "day off". Not really, because I did a bunch today, but we didn't do any yarn-specific things. We did life-specific things. Gretchen and I went to the Tractor Supply Co to get me a pair of muck shoes for being messy outside. The shoes live at the door when I'm not outside. Then we went to Goodwill to find me a sweatshirt. I know, why a sweatshirt in the middle of summer? It was 60ish today! I was freezing! We also went food shopping for this weekend, picking up some snacks and drinks for the market this weekend. We will be at market for the next 4 days, and decided to get some trail mix type snacks. After we came home, we just chilled out. I was tired. So I sat in the library and knit for a while and watched one of my favorite movies on my laptop. Joan made a very tasty veggie pizza for dinner. And now, I'm all showered and relaxing in bed. I may even get around to sleeping, if the tree frogs let me. This is the loudest I've heard them. Usually I hear crickets the loudest. Here, they are just a soft background noise.

1 comment:

  1. That's how I remember life on the farm.
    Sounds like your starting to settle in.
    It's a wonderful experience and your getting school credits and paid at the same time.

    ReplyDelete