Tuesday, June 22, 2010

shopping spree

Today was so brutally hot that Gretchen and I went shopping. Hey, its cool in the stores and its cool in the car. It was far better than being outside all day. I know, I know, I can hear you telling me its going to get worse, but at least now we have all the supplies we need to be able to stay inside... hopefully. At least for tomorrow, anyway. Right? No? No, tomorrow we need to wash out the fleece and clean out the pots before they get scary. And I don't want any scary pots. But we should be able to do that early before it gets too hot. Thursday we're going to be at our last farmer's market of the summer. Gretchen keeps telling me not to worry. We'll be in the shade early, she says, which is true. We'll bring frozen towels, she says. They work, I won't argue. The gelato people should be there. Now that's an enticement. That's something to look forward too. So I will suffer through the heat to enjoy gelato. mmmmm. Gelato.

I thought I'd take the time today to introduce you to another friend on the farm. This is Karen, the goat.
Isn't she cute?

No comments:

Post a Comment