Wednesday, June 2, 2010

still packing

Packing makes me anxious. I always feel like I'm forgetting something. Usually it's because I am. I like to break it down over the course of a few days; pack all my clothes on day 1, pack all my necessities on day 2, and use day 3 for all my gadgets. Day 4 is to make sure I haven't forgotten anything. Day 5, I travel and that's usually when I remember what I've forgotten. Luckily for me, day 5 is only to my grandparents' home, so at least if I forget anything, I'm close enough to go back and get it. This plan should ease my anxiety. And yet I'm still concerned I'll run out of something, or forget mouthwash or deodorant. It's not like I'm going to be in the middle of nowhere. There are supermarkets out there too. It's not camping. I don't need to bring the collapsible frying pan/canteen kit. (Don't worry, I took that out of the suitcase, along with the 4 bars of soap that I was convinced I needed too.) Maybe I need a nap. Or a frying pan to the face. I'll settle for a cup of tea.

1 comment:

  1. Stevie,
    I do not have that problem. Grand mom does my packing. My plan would be to take the least I could. I'm a guy.
    Love ya, Pop

    ReplyDelete