Wednesday, June 9, 2010

rain, rain...

Don't finish it, because it is very much not the case. We like the rain here. It just means that we have things to do today other than dye. But I can finish posting what I was babbling about yesterday. I was so tired, I didn't even know what I was talking about after the flowers. Everything else is true. Ok, flowers first. Sue is going to plant them in her garden. Now, the good stuff. After Sue and I returned with our fleeces, Gretchen and I finished washing out the fleeces we dyed yesterday. They are beautiful!! Here they are drying. I think we're going to split them into warms and cools instead of lights and darks. We're planning on blending this with the natural black merino we picked up yesterday and some natural black alpaca. I think I should be able to see the finished product before I leave.

Ooh! I learned how to skein yesterday. That was fun. It makes the bundles of yarn so we can dye them. Then later, it sets them up for packaging. This is Debbie, showing me how to skein. So now thats on my growing list of things to do on my downtime. But it is relaxing, so I can't really complain about it. I like it, now that I get it.

I should probably get on with my day. There's gotta be something that I should be doing. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment