Wednesday, June 23, 2010

fleece and fiction

Another day of "holy-crap-its-hot" heat, but this time there was no shopping to save us from the brutality. This morning we went out and washed out the second fleece. The first was yellows, oranges, reds, and speckles of green. We kept referring to it as the chicken fleece. This one is the fish fleece. This is some of it drying on the skirting table. We were trying to get it done as quickly and efficiently as possible to avoid being out in the sun. We managed to get the whole fleece done in two hours, which is pretty good. We were back inside before 11am. I finished skeining all of the Icelandic yarn that is coming to market with us tomorrow and now all that's left is labeling it. Gretchen wanted to save that for later, just in case the thunderstorm in the afternoon forecast hit and knocked the power out. It never came. But it's fine because I happily spent the rest of the afternoon knitting away on the sample sock, of which I have started the heel. I've never finished so many projects in such a short time! I'll need to harness this for the coming year. I also finished Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, so wonderfully read to me by Stephen Fry. No, I haven't finished the series. Let's not talk about it, shall we? Just know that I am on my way. I have them all on audio book, and will get through them. Eventually. For now, I'll continue on my sock, and maybe make progress on Pride and Prejudice. I seem to be working on a classics tour alongside Harry's adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment