Saturday, June 26, 2010

seeing stars

Today was relaxed, as I said it should be, or at least most of it was. After sheep chores, Gretchen and I pulled out a slightly mangled sheep shelter and she and Joan are going to turn it into a pumpkin structure for the pumpkins to grow on. Afterward I went inside and skeined a whole batch of sock yarn. Tomorrow I intend to do the same and hopefully reskein some of the hand-paints. We also got almost all of Solitude's yarns up on Ravelry! Gretchen was so excited about that. I spent the latter part of the day knitting away and I've only got another 2 inches to go before the toe! After dinner and an intense game of "Bananagrams" (its like Scrabble against yourself, but way more fun) we went outside to see the moon. And out with the moon were the stars. Even with the moon being as bright as it is, there were still more stars than I've ever seen at home. It was beautiful. Gretchen says I should see it when the moon is new. Probably before I leave, I'll get to see the stars without the overshadow from the moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment