Thursday, July 8, 2010

shearing and not melting

I'm working on my blog a little earlier today so I can help Sue with hers. When it's up and published, I'll put a link up for that too. But this gives me a great opportunity to post the shearing pictures I've been promising.
"But I don't need a haircut!" "Yes, you do!"
Classic shearing. At its best.
So, its a bajillion and 4 degrees today, yesterday was a bajillion and 7, and though it feels much better today than it did yesterday, I would be totally fine with rain. Rain that came in, and rained all over everything, and put water back where it belongs, and cooled everything off. That would just be great. But the rain forecast just keeps getting pushed back. It's making me notice the environment around me, and not just the whole big picture, but the little pieces, the environment in my own backyard (well, Sue's backyard anyway). Its so interesting to me how I pay attention to things now that I never would have paid any attention to before. I notice that the sun set just a little bit earlier last night than it did the night before. The moon is rising in a slightly different place then it was when I got here. A week really does make a difference. There are plants that are ready for harvest this week that just were not ready last week. There are plants ready today that weren't ready yesterday! Its all the little things. And I've learned to appreciate things too, like the honey bees. I've watched honey bees drink water and not even notice that I was there. I've had butterflies land on me, big ones, and not worry about a thing. Its so different here. And I think I'm beginning to like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment